- Purchased from Technomancy.us
- Pololu A-Star Micro
- Gateron brown switches
- DSA keycaps
- Modified LUFA MassStorage bootloader
I replaced the Arduino compatible bootloader with the LUFA MassStorage bootloader. Details can be seen here. This makes it much easier to flash a new keymap.
Though I like the design and appearance, I really have not spent much time using this keyboard. My somewhat haphazard style of typing, often using only one hand, makes using a split layout awkward.
|The woods takes on a much darker appearance once the beeswax dries.|
|The top and switch plate pieces.|
|The bottom and middle pieces. The PCB with the A-Star Micro.|
|DSA dye sublimated keycaps with some grab bag keys for modifiers.Will probably replace the hardware with brass ones once I find some of the correct size.|
|It is designed to have a micro USB cable plugged into the A-Star Micro and then feed out the slot in the middle piece. I'm still looking for a shot extension cable so I can remove the cable from the outside.|